Updated January 4, 2022
NEW Vaccine Requirement – November 1, 2021 – Full vaccination will be required for all in-person Scouting activities across the country.
Scouts Canada is currently running a staged return to Scouting based on geographical location. Currently, Shining Waters Council is on a Modified Stage 2 of the Scouts Canada’s Return to Scouting plan. Following the Province’s Roadmap to Reopening Ontario, Ontario was moved back to Step 2 on January 5, 2022. As a result, effective January 5, 2022 at 12:01 AM, the 6th Richmond Hill Scout Group will be moved to Modified Stage 2 of Scouts Canada’s plan.
Here is an overview of Modified Stage 2:
- Size of gatherings: Follow local and provincial guidelines – outdoor Scouting activities have no limit on the number of participants, physical distancing of 2 meters and mandatory masks
- Patrols: highly encouraged, 8 youth maximum
- Sharing of equipment: minimized
- Camping: No camping
- 2-Scouter Rule to be observed
Here is an overview of Scouts Canada’s actions regarding registration, membership, program, Scouts Canada shops and properties:
- A limited number of properties will open for Scouts Canada members only at this time, supporting safer outdoor Scouting adventures. Please refer to our Camps page for more information.
- All Scout Shops are permanently closed.
- Scoutshop.ca remains available.
- Scouts Canada’s list of Frequently Asked Questions can be found on their website here.
Please refer to Scouts Canada’s website for additional information.
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of the Section Scouters. Thank you for everyone’s patience and understanding. Stay safe!